Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sleepless

It's late.  Well, not that late, but it's too late to be up on a school night.  When you have kids you take school nights very seriously.

I keep thinking back to my conversation with Jackson tonight.  No news on the job front, but he was telling me about something that happened at a factory in South America.  Apparently some of the workers went crazy and started killing other workers with their bare hands.  He said it was probably a bunch of them doing drugs and shit to stay busy on the line and someone laced  their shit.  It's crazy shit like this that keeps me up.  The factory was locked down by the police and then they had to call in the military.  Why the hell would something like a few dudes on a production line going apeshit require the military?  

Why did we take tanks into Waco?  I really need to go to bed.  Wendy always says I think too much.

It's so quiet.  I can hear Wendy sleeping in the bedroom.  She's stressed at work and she's worried about me.  She won't admit it, but she is.  We've had to cut back a lot these last few months.  I'll have to admit it though-- I like the fact that the kids are learning to appreciate the simpler things.  I taught Todd how to make a whistle out of a blade of grass yesterday and he went and immediately taught Tammy.  I love how he protects and teaches her.  We couldn't have planned those two better if we had some kind of magic baby planner.  I just wish Mom and Dad had been able to see them growing up.

I miss you, Mom and Dad.  I really do.  The world got a bit colder when your generation started leaving it.